Ahhhh, conference: The only church you can go to in your pajamas. =3 I woke up at nine this morning and it was wonderful.
It was amazing to sleep in this morning because last night I was at Tanner's birthday party and didn't get to bed until about 12:30. (Who needs sleep anyway?) I got up, put some clothes on and went downstairs. No one was up (Or if they were I had no idea where they were), so I poured myself a bowl of cereal. What to do while eating a bowl of Rice Chex but to check the DF boards? Okay, lots of things, but that's what I decided to do.
Last night I thought I would ask Davey a question on the Ask AFI portion of the boards since I was up that late. For those who don't know, Davey has heavy insomnia and usually only answers questions around two in the morning. So this morning I went to check if he has anwered back to my question, and he had! YAY! (I am very fortunate, every question I've posted there has been answered. <3)
Here, I'll copy and paste what happened....
Words You'd Unsay
This is for Davey,
I look around this board and see just how many people have been influenced by your words, myself included. I used to be that weird girl who would kind of go along with what everyone else said; I found AFI, and now I'm myself, whether the people around me like it or not. Not only that, but now I think I've learned how to actually FEEL for myself if that makes sense.
Knowing you've impacted people so much, and just looking back on everything you've ever written... Do you have any words that you'd unsay? Something that you either thought didn't make sense, or you regret telling people, or anything?
That said, I also wonder if you ever look back on AFI songs and think that your words were plain genius (which they are). What is the one lyric (or song, lyrically) that you're the most proud of, or that means the most to you?
Sorry for the long post.... Love and dedication forever,
Lashy
There's what I said... So at 2:34 AM, Davey answered back with:
As I only set out to express myself as best as I see fit at the time of writing, I've yet to find cause to wish I'd not written a particular line. All of my lyrics, if nothing else, speak of the period of my personal life in which they were written. I also can't pick favorites but do generally feel most proud of the relatively more recent words - weather that means comparing, say, Three Reasons to Cereal Wars, or IATVHTBH (from Crash Love) to Three Reasons.
I love when people take something positive from my words, but don't necessarily expect, or feel responsible to elicit, such graces.
I'm glad to know that they mean so much to you Lashy
DXH
YAAAAAAAY! Not only did he answer my question, BUT HE GAVE US AN ACRONYM FROM CRASH LOVE! I am so excited! As is the rest of the AFI fanbase- They've started a thread about it (http://despairfaction.com/showthread.php?t=128495) and it's on the news site. (http://www.aficrashlove.blogspot.com/) XD
So yeah, that started my day off well. ^_^ After I was done freaking out, everyone pretty much woke up. Conference started, and I filled the tub full of wonderful hot water while the choir was singing, so I sat there soaking/washing my hair while listening to conference. That was nice. I went into my room, put on some jeans and a red shirt and my regular miss-matching socks. I then did my hair in pigtails and just left the front down around my face- when I don't straighten it, my hair is curly. =3 Not that you wanted to know or anything, ha.
While listening to conference, I drew an epic chibi of Ruki from the Cockroach music video. I LOVE THAT HAT! Anyway, dad cleaned out Jerry's cage for me (Thanks, dad!) and then I kind of sat around until the first half ended. I finished my picture block from young women's the other night, and it's awesome.
Nyeah, the rest of conference, blah blah blah. Then Aisha and Curtis came over, that was fun. We played Catch Phrase, and I kind of replaced South with a second East. Yeaaaaaah. Aisha left after much internet dorking. Then I came upstairs to have fun on the interwebs while Curtis and Brittany watched Toy Story. A Toy Story? The Toy Story? I dunno. Anyway, I got bored of typing this blog and went downstairs to watch with them.
Brittany then received a call from the Becca child that we were all going to Wendy's for food. We went and pretty much scared the entire staff. (GIVE ME THE ROD, BOY!!!!) We went in and I said I wanted a Giant Thingy Of Fries, and apparently, that's not the actual term for large fries. That's okay, the cashier informed us, he likes the word "thingy". Then Roxanna and two other girls I didn't know showed up and were talking about how people were raping each other and fun things like that.
We sat down, and THEN is when we scared everybody. Many things happened such as Becca French Fry assaulting me, then Brittany French Fry assaulting Curtis, and the incest potatoes, which were really the asstoes. Gah, I won't even go on as I'm tired. So basically Brittany decided she wanted chocolate, so we drove to Macey's (Macy's?) and while we were driving up, we saw Blodgeface in his grandpa sweater with his girlfriend. Good times.
So yeah, then we scared everyone in Macy's and got brownies and other fun stuff. Then we came home and becca gave everything in our home AIDS. Yeah, including my arm. It says "AIDS KTHX" and it has a hermaphrodite on it. yeahhhhhhh. I'm going to bed now. NOOOOOOOOW. AH.
No comments:
Post a Comment