Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Well, hello there. I was just looking at this photography line/exhibit that I thought was really cool, and wanted to share. The line is done by Neon O'clock Works, and it's title is some weird word in another language that I have no idea how to spell, and my window won't let me copy and paste it for some odd reason. But basically it's a bunch of photos (and a video) showing the irony in what women do for beauty. How they starve themselves, and even the invention of the corset that literally strangled your body for the sake of curves. It's showing how women become slaves for beauty. You should go look at it, they're really amazing pictures.




I'm going to post some of them here, and comment on them, because it's fun and no one listens otherwise. *ties you all to chairs*


I like this one a lot. I recommend clicking on the picture to get the full view of it. I love this one so much. I see it as a slave of beauty, literally entangled within the media, and it's obsession with perfection; you can see how she's dangling, that's all that's keeping her there, if she looses this one thing, she's naked and every shattered piece of her life will fall apart, strewn across the floor. (Dang, I just realized how emo that sounded. Sorry.) Also, note the piece around her neck; I don't know what it's supposed to symbolize, but I see them as tools of surgery, pins and needles protruding from her skin, literally strangling her. I hate how people today feel they have to put human made garbage inside their bodies to make themselves beautiful. If you have an actual PROBLEM, you should totally go for it, but I hate all the skinny little girls who believe they need plastic in their boobs to look pretty. I honestly don't think that anyone should care how OTHER people view them, and look however the crap they want to look, and not need to go through this crap. I'm going to start ranting now, eh? Okay, I'll stop. Anyway...



Again, I'm seeing this as a web. (Anyone see a reoccurring theme here? My brain is set on spiders today. O_O) So they're both slaves stuck in this web, that even if they stopped working for it, they wouldn't know how to get out, they COULDN'T get out. You see the figure on the right, and the focus is on them, they're just a fake hollywood body; while the girl on the left is falling apart. It almost looks as though she had tried to take the wheel off her head, in the process ripping it off. She lost this last thing she was clinging to, lost her sanity, and is now dissapating.


This one I'm getting lots of different things from so I won't type it all out, but I just thought it was a cool picture and wanted to post it. (Basically though, I see her as the Queen of the Slaves...) Well, they also have another exhibit called Dressed/Naked. This is their story of Little Red Riding Hood. It's pretty cool, they gave her such a morbid twist. You guys should go see it, just follow the previous link. ^_^ So yeah, now I'm bored of this... I'm just going to post it. :D

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I didn't think your comments on the first picture were emo at all. I thought they were very well thought out and deep. It made the artwork much less creepy and meaningful to me.

Lashy said...

Oh, good. Sometimes I feel like I'm sounding all emo-poser-ish. ^/////^