Am I glad the term is over. This last week or so has been really stressfull for me, but I guess it paid off in the end because I have better grades than I ever did at ALA. I have all As except for two classes, ASL and math (my worst subject). I don't really know why, but at ALA... I didn't really care much about my grades. It seemed like some temporary thing that I just had to get through my required classes, and all that mattered was that I passed the class. It didn't seem like a real school for some reason, I didn't take anything seriously. And I know this is my fault, that I was being really stupid, and I do regret it, but that's just how it seemed. Especially when half my friends were sluffing most of the time, and no one really cared about their grades. It just seemed as though that was the way high school was. But coming to a new school, everything seemed different. All the sudden everything was pushed into perspective and I see how much of a big deal high school really is when getting into college, how low my grades were compared to my other friends. A bunch of my friends have already gotten scholarships, and here I was with a bunch of Cs from last year. It was kind of a slap in the face from the slacking off at ALA.
This year I've been trying really hard, and I think it's starting to pay off. No, I'm not exactly the best student in my grade. But I have improved so much from last year when I had one, maybe two As? Even in the classes that seem near impossible to handle, I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would. Like Mrs Dart and Mr Brough. I've ranted enough about Mrs Dart, and I love Mr Brough, but I have a hard time in his class. Anyone who knows me knows I forget vertually everything, and memory is his entire test system. He talks, we listen, we take the test. No homework, nothing. We just have to pray that we took good enough notes and study them like crazy. And I am so proud of myself for getting one hundred percent on that last test. The only class that I'm dissappointed in myself in is ASL. Yes, I missed half a year of the language that the rest of the class got, but I could have done better. If I had just gotten another Deaf Experience in, I could have had a much better grade, and I'm internally yelling at myself for that. I procrastinated, and I'm paying the price now. I'm going to try much harder this term. I will raise my grade in that class if it kills me.
1 comment:
You're weird. High school isn't even a big deal.
Post a Comment