Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lucy, I'm home!

Well, I'm back from Field Day with my dad. I have to say, I needed that. I really needed the chance to just sit out in the sun, for hours, doing absolutely nothing but thinking. We read Fahrenheit 451 in English, and one of the necessities mentioned was leisure time; not for slothfulness, but for contemplation, to digest what we've learned, what we've experienced. To know what to do about it, what to think, is this right, is it not, what's happening? I think this was really my digestion time, I really did just sit there, for hours. Every once in a while one of the old men would come over and ask if I wanted to join them, and I'd just smile and decline, because I really honestly enjoyed, and needed, to sit there, watch the trees, and think. Maybe I'll post about it later... But here's a picture I really like that I took. Don't ask me why I like it, I honestly don't know. I just feel something about it.


I went around a cluster of trees and took a bunch of pictures... I liked a couple of them (I'm no photographer), but I really felt something about this one. I know that sounds dumb. I do, but I just love it for some reason I can't explain. Maybe no reason at all...


Here's another one I like for no reason. I mean, not the best photo, at all, but I like it. I found this piece of cardboard laying in the middle of the trees, and there were some plants growing through it. I had to take a picture, I find it really symbolic, call me a hippie if you must.


We pass this house every year, and I've always wanted pictures of it... A flood apparently went through this area and there are several houses broken down, but I always find this one particularly beautiful for some reason. Something about the caved in roof. Makes it kind of... Awkward and unique. But in a perfectly balanced way. I want to go in and get pictures from the inside, but it's private property, so dad wouldn't let me. At least I have this one.

No comments: