Behold dear madams and sirs, what I have been occupying myself with in between reading.
It's a hot pink (strawberry, or radioactive jello?) cake slice with ribbon filling, pink whipped topping, a sparkly strawberry, and a fat stubby chocolate pirouette.
This one is outwardly stitched, as I mentioned in the previous post. Can you see why I don't like it? Yeah, it looks gross. Mom suggested I use white thread to make it look intentional, but I don't think it helped much. xD So yeah, I won't be sewing that way again. Granted, it is easier, and it holds it's shape better, but it just looks bad.
So you can see the strawberry. I'm proud of that strawberry! I mean, I've made them before, but for some reason, this one just had a really nice shape. So yeah. There's my newest felt pastry!
Speaking of crafts... I'm very very interested in making a buckram tricorn. I know it sounds ridiculous, and I know it's going to be hard, but I think if I spend enough time on it, I could make one! I just want a mini tricorn, not a full one, so that would help... And when I mentioned buckram hats, Brittany said she wanted me to make her a pillbox hat. Which she called a Jacki Kennedy hat, haha. Anyway, I really hope I can get ahold of some buckram and experiment a bit! Here, I'll show you a picture of some hats from the lady that made the tutorial I would be going off of, so you can get an idea.
Tricorn:
Pillbox Hat:
Way cute, right? I'm so excited to play around with them... I hope I can do them well, sometimes there are things you just can't do no matter how hard you try. xD I know I won't be that good straight off, but maybe with some practice, I can get them to look... Acceptable, haha.
<3 Lashy





No comments:
Post a Comment