Today was an A day. I like A days. ^_^ First of all I had Music Media or Multi Media or whatever you want to call it. Kayli and I edited stuff and sat there making fun of the small children. Okay, you can't get mad at us, IT'S SO FUNNY. We pause it to edit something, and they look stoned. It's awesome. (Heh, when I write in all capslock, I feel like Dave Sectretary or whatever his name was. Whoever it was, he is awesome, and his childhood owns all others.) Yeah, basically we edited the whole period, but we still didn't finish our segment, which was due YESTERDAY.
You may think "Why was the assignment due on a day you didn't even have that class?" Well, prepare for a sleepless night, because I was wondering the exact same thing. It's probably because he has that class like three times, so he probably wanted them all due on the same day or something. Yeah. Anyway, we didn't finish, so we decided we would come in during PE and finish (We didn't have much left to do) and render it. We have PE third period, so I'll get to that in a minute.
Second period: Fine Arts History. He gave us a play to read (Note to self: I miss you terribly. This is what we call a tragedy. Also, read that play before Friday.) and set us off to work on our projects. So he has us do a project for each unit, and this unit we are kind of stuck. Aisha and I are going to paint one of the tapestries for our project. We were planning on printing it onto a transperancy, and then projecting that onto a wall where our paper is hanging, trace it, then paint it. One problem; We can't get ahold of a transperancy.
So while we're waiting to find one, we kind of research a bunch of stuff for essays and test for that class. Le sigh. It is soooo boring. It might not be, because it's Hannah, Aisha, Curtis, a few other people, and myself in that room (We go into the studio to use the extra computers, which are usually used for editing etc.) so we would screw around whilst being effective. Sounds weird, but I focus better when I have two things going on at once. Except reading. That's something else. ANYWAY, it would be fun, but then some class comes in to use the recording equiptment.
I'm guessing that they're a class learning how to do commercial tunes or something, because they keep making little thirty second stupid songs. They come in and record something and he says "And now we have some nice shit- I mean stuff in here." and all the annoying children laugh and I want to shoot them. Okay, not children, we're all high schoolers in there, but still. So yeah, we have a bunch of people thinking they're really clever with their JR high worthy jokes and laughing really loud about them. -_- Not only is it annoying, but it's hard to focus on what you're doing when people keep bumping against your freaking back and making your hand move the mouse. And when Hodgeface keeps pushing the Back button on the keyboard so you have to keep getting the page back on a REALLY slow computer. FAIL.
So yeah, that was that class. Anyway, the next period I have gym with Kayli and Katina. Kayli and I went in and asked Sunshine (Our nickname for him) if we could leave early to finish our project. I felt kind of bad asking because we have left several times before for the same reason, but I was very willing because I am out of shape and I hate gym. We asked and he said "I don't have that kind of freedom. I yell at you and tell you to do more push ups, but I can't do that. I don't have that freedom. I'm not free. I'm locked down, baby, not free-" and at this point I just kind of walked off to the other coach who did have "Freedom" by which Kayli and I both thought he meant "Authority".
We ask him, and he tells us to do the warm ups from hell, then we can go. Seeing as how that's the only thing we ever do in that class (AND IT KILLS) I really didn't want to, but hey, he's letting us leave. We changed and went outside on the football field (We were all so excited it's finally warm enough!) and ran about a half a mile. Then we got in a circle, and did fifty push ups, thirty sit ups or crunches or whatever they're called. Then we did these leg lift things where your legs have to be straight out and you keep them there for however long. He makes us go six inches off the ground for fifteen seconds, fourty five degrees off the ground for fifteen seconds, six, fourty five, and THEN he lets us put our feet down. Then he makes us do it again. Let me tell you, I am NOT that in shape. At all. A lot of the jocks in that class can't do that, what makes you think I can? Then we did thirty of these squat things. I don't even know. So yeah, after that we left and finished our video.
Lunch. We ate outside. Fun times.
ASL after that. We learned about NAD and FID and stuff like that, and then finished a quiz that we didn't have time to finish last time. On Friday we are going to Wingers and ordering in ASL, fun times! It's pretty easy, if they don't get what you're trying to express, you just point on the menu. ^_^ I hope Randi (Mrs. Cooper's Deaf daughter) comes again. I know I don't really talk to her at all (I'm not that good at signing yet, I'm in ASL one, ha.) but it's just cool to have a Deaf person there, you know? Speaking of which, I wonder when the next Deaf Game Night is... We go down to the Deaf Center and play games with the Deaf people, it's so fun! Anyway, that's what we did in there.
I went to Music Appreciation, and we started on more modern day composers today. We listened to George Crumb, and he is my new favorite composer. SO AWESOME. We listened to parts of Voice of the Whales, Black Angels, Ancient Voices of Children, and Nocternal Sounds. SO COOL. In Voice of the Whales, the only instruments used are an electric flute, electic cello, and an electric piano. SO FREAKING AWESOME! They guy like sings into the flute, and there is whistling, and they do this cool thing on the cello that sounds like seagulls... Ah, I could go on for ages. But I won't because this post is already an age long. Anyway, that was epic.
Curtis came home with us, and he and Brittany went downstairs and watched 50 First Dates while I sat up here reading mangas and screwing around on facebook and the DF boards. I've seen that movie waaaay too many times, I didn't want to watch it again. Curtis made "The Mac and Cheese of his childhood" for us. Magic times.
Bahhhh, my mom is making me get off my laptop now, so until next post (POST MUFFIN POWER WALK!), adieu.
<3 Lashy
2 comments:
1.) I think you mean RID, not FID.
2.) I have freedom, baby. FREEDOM. *power stance*
I remember the work outs from hell. I never ever wish to repeat them as long as I live. Your blog makes me smile! Just thought I'd let you know
Post a Comment