Pages

Friday, May 1, 2009

Here I sit on the front room couch eating chocolate. Oh, chocolate, how I've craved you. (Chocolate? Did you say... Chocolate? CHOCOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!) Anyway, I am extremely tired due to staying up until sometime around two or three in the morning, continued by hating life for a bit. Why? Disneyland.

Usually a word that causes me to smile and feel a certain longing and nostalgia. It did so the week we went, as well. We were away from home for two weeks, the first one being Spring Break, the second taking place because our parents excused us from school. While on this break, life was freaking awesome. I got two shirts, a book, a purse, a Sing the Sorrow henna tattoo, amongst other things. Pretty much everything a teenager could want; Sluffing school to go to Disneyland in a hotel with a pool and continental breakfast.

That week or two was amazing, but upon my arrival, homework was a slap in the face. In math alone I have six assignments, a test and a quiz to make up by Monday. Not only that, but I have three big assignments that will dramatically change my grade whether it be for better or worse. So I have been working on these things and trying to get them all finished. Today I was supposed to have my big 40 Hour Project for English class, my Influential Guitarist presentation for Guitar class, some stupid pointless assignments for Environmental Science, and some assignments for Geometry.

This English project was pretty much where we chose a genre, author, series, etc to read and research for fourty hours, and present it to our class. I decided to research on how the media on vampires has changed so much over time. This was great because I pretty much got to continue reading as I was (As of now I'm working on Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. She's my new favorite author.) and count it. I was thinking this was pretty sweet.

So for Guitar class we have to present to the class a guitarist who influenced the guitar world. I decided on Mana-Sama for obvious reasons. ;) Anyway, I was clipping a bunch of videos and songs to make a video showing how truly amazing Mana is, but I don't have any good editing programs, just Windows Movie Maker. Which fails more than the Fail Whale. So I was about half way done and the program just decides it has to reject it's purpose in life and stop working. This about ripped my soul from my body as I've been working on it really hard to get it to look reasonably good in that rediculous program. I want to know who was testing Movie Maker and told them it worked perfectly and to send it out to the general public. Everyone I know that has done anything on it has had to start over at least once the because it loses everything.

So it doesn't work anymore and I have about... Yeah, the rest of the night to finish this. I am freaking out, and I get dad to fix my computer for me, despite his complaining. (Thanks dad!) So I get this fixed and I am frantically trying to finish this in one night, and searching for any more usable clips. Then the site I use for converting videos off the internet (Youtube or Veoh, usually.) and into mp4 format ran out of conversions for the day. It was almost twenty minutes to midnight, so I figured I would just do something else until then and use that day's conversions. At this point I start reading fanfics (Shut up.) and working on other homework, anything to keep me alive while I'm bored to tears.

During this time I had almost finished my Vampire presentation, which is good. So midnight came, and it told me I had zero conversions left. Then I realized it's a different time zone than me, and I would have to wait an hour or two. So I work on more homework, look up some clips that might be useful to my projects, etc while I wait. By this time my Vampire power point was finished. So I waited until about two or three in the morning, and still nothing. So I got a bunch of homework done, but not the one for Guitar, which was due the next day. Or that day, I suppose.

I was upset because I was going to have to ask Blodgeface to move my presentation until next time, and have a lame excuse. I hate doing that. I hadn't done my math homework either, because I was working on other homework which I thought should probably be done first, since it counted the most against my grades.

I went to Guitar this morning, and for the first thirty minutes we sat trying to learn "Blackbird" (I can pretty much play the intro and that's it because I suck). Okay, some of us were doing so as we were told, while others decided they would show off their "mad skills" at playing like the same five chords over and over again. Gaul, peel off my face with a toothpick. So after about half an hour of that Blodgeface told us it was time for presentations. I'm sweating, thinking of the embarassment that will ensue. Then he announces it's the day for two OTHER kids' presentations. I DIDN'T HAVE TO FLIPPING PRESENT TODAY. I will kill a baby with a fishstick.

Then I go to Environmental Science, and that class was lame, as always. After that, I go to Geometry, for which I did none of my homework. Once again, I am freaking out because I'm not prepared. So I have about half of the assignment done, and I hand it in anyway; I still have other assignments to do for this class. This class dismisses, and I start heading out to lunch. Then I realize that the handle of my purse is broken. This is the purse that I just bought a week ago in Disneyland FOR FOURTY BUCKS and it ALREADY broke. IN ONE FLIPPING WEEK. So I awkwardly carry my purse, gaint messenger bag, a taco salad, the weird lunch bags they give us and a banana outside. (What a sight I must have been. And did I mention that I didn't shower this morning because I didn't have time? That means I also couldn't do my hair properly, and I hadn't applied all of my makeup. Needless to say, I'm not having the best day in the world.)

So after lunch I again awkwardly carry my bags to English. As I walk in I can see all the desks with computers on them that aren't usually there, reminding me that we are testing today. We were presenting after tests, so I wasn't worried. Then she tells us we are doing two sections instead of one section, and I realize I won't have time to present my power point. So I do an end of year test after having about an hour of sleep and no breakfast, and then go lean against the wall to read.

So I spent all of my time last night freaking out over a bunch of presentations I didn't have to present, and in doing so neglected to do the things I DID have to turn in, and set my body up for the conditions they tell you to avoid when testing. And now I'm sick. I'm not having a fun time.

Okay, I'll stop complaining about life now, sorry.


<3
Lashy

No comments: