Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gah, I haven't posted an actual BLOG post in ages. I haven't really posted anything in ages. Anyway, the point is, I'm posting about what's been going on lately.

So, a while ago we tried to register me for MMHS, but we turned everything in after open enrollment. They told us to wait, and they would let us know if I got in sometime in August, which we weren't too happy about, because school STARTS in August. So we waited and waited, and when August came around and they still hadn't contacted us, we called them. And after being transferred twenty different times and being put on hold for half an hour, we found that I hadn't been accepted. Now I was disappointed, but it wasn't the end of the world; I would just go to SFHS. Then dad told me that he and mom wanted me to go to ALA. After I expressed that I really didn't want to go there, he said that they didn't just want me to go there, but they were probably going to make me go there.

Now this may sound a little over-dramatic, but I was kind of freaking out for this period of time. I don't even completely know why I hate that school so much, why I was so against going there. I don't quite know why, but I was, and I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night clawing at my legs. I would wake up all sweaty and crying, and muttering nonsense. This kind of freaked me out, and I have no idea why this happened, but needless to say, I really did not want to go to this school for some inexplicable reason. It wasn't even a conscious hate, I just couldn't really fathom the idea of going back. Again, I know it sounds really overly dramatic, but I couldn't help it, it just happened. That also sucked, because people kept saying things like "I think you're kind of overreacting to this. It's just school. You'll only be there for three more years." and this freaked me out more.

After this went on for a little over a week, mom sat down with me at the table and asked why I hated ALA so much. This conversation was a bit difficult, because as I just explained, I don't really know why. I just thought of all the things that I knew I hated about it, the things that might be reasons, and I kind of felt like crying. Thankfully, mom told me to contact the school in the morning and see what I had to do to register. I was so happy, and I felt like I was back to the way things should be. Again, I know this sounds like I'm insane, but this is just what happened.

So after there was much difficulty getting registered, I finally got into SFHS. Now like I said, I would have much prefered to go to MM with Aisha and Tanner, but this was still a whole lot better than going to ALA. Also, I got to go normal school shopping for the first time in my life. That was really exciting, after I got over the stress of finding something I liked that wasn't expensive, and whatnot. But really, what can you do? School shopping has always been that way. Anywho, I was still a little depressed. Not from anything in specific, just general depression, and I feel bad, because I don't feel as though I expressed my thanks and relief well enough to my parents. So I was really worried that I would go to school and not make friends, because I would be all angsty and just sit there scowling to myself or something. When I meet new people, I either tend to go all out hyper, or just be shy, then whenever I see that person again, that's just how I act. There are some people I'll be a complete spazz with, then I go to the next class, and I just sit there. I've never really understood why I've done that, I just do. So I'm still kind of scared that I'll change after I make friends at this new school, because everyday will be spent as that different, shy person.

Anyway, I got to school, and I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't be able to find anything as there were several buildings. After going from the tiny charter school where everyone knows everyone else, it was huge. I was late to several of my classes because I couldn't find them. The first day was a 'collaboration day', where you have both A day and B day classes, just shorter.

(Gah, I have to re-boot my computer, so I'll post the second half later! O_O)

No comments: