Well, it's Valentines Day. Everyone seems to feel very strongly about this holiday, either that it sucks, or that they love all the focus on feelings. I don't really know where I stand on this as of yet. Like... On one end, I do like the idea of a holiday based on love, but I don't have anyone that I'm with at this point (nor am I old enough to). On the other hand, I don't feel as though it's some horrible Singles Awareness Day, because, as I said, I'm not really old enough to have a boyfriend or anything yet. So for me, this holiday is just where we used to give out little Disney Princess cards to our classes, but we don't do this anymore. So I don't really have feelings on this holiday. I don't have anyone I can share a holiday of love with, and until then, I'll just enjoy chocolates from my father. End of story.
Speaking of which... Weird stuff. I'm turning sixteen on the 28th, and it's weird hearing all of my friends' opinions and stuff. I have friends that are already dating and think I'm weird for waiting. I have friends that wait just because the church tells them to. And it's strange talking to all of them, because it seems like none of them share the personal decision to wait because we're not old enough to truly know love yet. And I hate this mentality that you need a boyfriend or there's something wrong with you, you're defective. Everyone seems to share it for some reason. I was talking to my friend Vanessa, and I told her that I was turning sixteen at the end of the month. Her first reaction was "Oh, who are you going to ask out?" This was odd to me. It seems as though everyone needs to be dating someone. Why can't I just wait until there's someone that I feel passionately for, and they feel the same way? Maybe I already do like someone at this point, and they don't feel the same? I don't understand how people so casually ask each other out. I don't get it. Whatever, it doesn't really matter right now.
I'll wait until my situation is right.
<3 Lashy
No comments:
Post a Comment