Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm on a role today.

I've been reading blogs all day and I think it's having an affect on me; this is my third post today after a long absence. Anywho, I've decided after a long while pining after frills and lace, after I get a job, I'm going to get at least one, full blown, lolita outfit. I know that sounds dumb, and believe me, I don't want it to become like a "costume" or anything, those girls who own one dress and try to use the rest of their wardrobe around it... I want to get a full on lolita coordinate, because I know it's impossible for me, in my situation, to be a full on lifestyle lolita, however much I would love to be so. I simply don't have the money, and with where we live, it would be impossible to function in everyday life. (Not that it's easy anywhere, but you know.) But I've decided I want to have at least one complete outfit, even if I only get to wear at home or to conventions. But it's something I really love, and if I can't surround myself with it, I still want my little taste. And yes, I know I will be made fun of mercilessly by my family and friends who see me in it, but I don't care. I've been craving these dresses for so long now, I want to have one, just one.

And I know it will be difficult to find, with my body type, but I think I can do it if I'm willing to search hard enough and spend the money. And I think I've spend enough time researching and talking to lolita, that I think I'll be... Okay with not looking like a cosplay. I mean, I'm not saying I'm an expert by any stretch of the imagination, because I'm not, and I've never even worn it. I'm just saying, I think I'm safe to wear my one outfit and not come off as a total Ita, those girls who don't even wear a petticoat and have cheap lace on the ends of their skirts who have no sense of detail at all. I might still make a mistake, but it won't be something drastic and end up looking like this:


Shiny, oddly colored fabric, no blouse under the JSK, no petticoat, you can see thigh, no bloomers, arm bands that look more Visual Kei than anything, nothing covering her legs (socks, etc), and that lace is horrendous. I'm not saying she doesn't look cute, I'm saying, she isn't what I would consider Lolita. So no, she doesn't look horrible or skanky, but she does look like perhaps she's cosplaying, and she looks like an Ita. I really don't want to offend this girl, but I know better than to buy something like that as my only attempt at Lolita, and come off as a complete Ita. The only reason any girl comes off as an Ita, is because she doesn't know better. I think I've spend so long studying the fashion, it's history, and it's basic rules to not completely screw up.

This became a bit of a rant, sorry. What I mean to say is, once I find a job, I want to, eventually, get one good quality lolita outfit. I love this style so much, and even though I can't go all out, I want a bit of it, and I just hope I can do it without looking like a bad loli cosplayer.

*Picture stolen from Caro-chan's Ita post.

No comments: