Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

I think I've found it!

Do you recall the last thing I posted? If not, never fear, for I'm about to summarize. Overall, I decided that, because I can't do this full time in my current situation, I am determined to find a job and buy at least one, complete and full out, Lolita outfit. I'm still searching around (especially with my body type) but I've found a dress I've fallen in love with! I highly doubt I'd fit into it, (especially with it being a Japanese brand, made for Japanese girls) but it's a starting point, something to help me decide on style, etc. It's only three hundred dollars for the entire one piece (which has TONS of fabric, so this isn't outrageous for a brand name dress), and it's beautiful. I was browsing the site, and as soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it. It's Victorian Maiden's Fairy Check Doll Dress in black. You know, I thought I'd be going with something a little more EGL, like a Moi Meme Moitie dress or something, not a AGL/Classic Lolita dress. Hm, odd. Well, it is pretty Aristocratic Lolita, and with the black and lavender milk colors, it's a bit more Gothic Lolita, like I'd imagined. Anyway, here's the dress!

Aaaah! Isn't it gorgeous!? I still don't know if I'd want to coordinate it with a cutsew or not... I mean, it's not a JSK, but with those sleeves and my arms, I might just want to find a plain one (from Bodyline?) to cover up a bit more, you know? Then again, it'd be hard to coordinate with that extremely light purple, it's almost white... Anyway, I'll show the rest of these pictures with the blue version of the same dress, if I can help it, because you can see more detail in the pictures. So keep in mind that yes, I do want the black one, but you're looking at blue.


Here's this so you can see the detailing more, like the cute little bows up top. Isn't it just so darn pretty?


No, you don't wear it like that, silly. This picture illustrates how you can cinch it up or leave it down for a more CL look. So pretty~ Knowing me, though, I'd prefer to keep it up. More AGL.


You can also remove the bows, which I love. I love this in Lolita dresses, because you never know how you want to wear the dress, and I've seen girls remove bows from their dresses and craft them onto headpieces, handbags, you name it. You can reuse them, or you can save them nice and neat for when you want to put them back on. Different girls like different things, so some might want to keep one bow on, some want all, some want none. I love the option. =3



It has corset lacing up the back...! *dies* I don't know how well that ribbon holds up, though. I don't mean it'll break or anything, but with how shiny it looks, I'd worry about it slipping and the bows constantly coming undone. It looks pretty stable in the picture, I just wonder, haha. Then again, it's a good quality dress from a brand I've heard nothing wrong about, so I doubt they'd have a problem with something like that... And it's not like the lacing is holding it together or anything... Anyway, I'm rambling. Cough. And there are two more pictures of how you can cinch the front up, and leave the back down or put it up as well, but I think you guys have enough of an imagination that I don't have to. Oh, screw it.


No comments: