Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My 2010-2011 Schedule

I just went in and got my schedule for the school year before going to Dr Daley's. Facebook isn't letting me on, so I figured I'd post here until it's working. Stupid shrimp tard.

FIRST SEMESTER

A1- Pre Calculus A                                       Ward, Trina
A2- AP Chemistry A                                     Poulsen, Tracy
A3- Financial Literacy                                   Owen, Elaine
A4- Computer Technology                             Ford, Elise

B1- Creative Writing                                      Campbell, Adena
B2- AP Literature and Composition A            Hillier, Mary Anne
B3- Japanese 2 A                                          Welton, Doug
B4- Released Time A (LDS Seminary)           Staff, Release Time



SECOND SEMESTER

A1- Food and Nutrition 2                                Larsen, Carol
A2- AP Chemistry B                                       Poulsen, Tracy
A3- US Government and Citizenship                Hess, Raquel
A4- Pre Calculus B                                          Ward, Trina

B1- Released Time B (LDS Seminary)             Staff, Release Time
B2- AP Literature and Composition B              Hillier, Mary Anne
B3- Japanese 2 B                                             Welton, Doug
B4- Psychology                                                Campbell, Adena

Oh, boy. A days during the first semester are going to suck. Pre Cal, AP Chemistry, Finance Lit, Computer Tech. All in one day, right after each other. I'm going to shoot myself every A day, I swear, haha. I think I'll see if I can switch some stuff around so I don't have ALL boring classes that day. I also want to try to TA for Mrs Bond again; there isn't an ASL 3 class, and I really don't want to lose the language, so I'm hoping I can TA for her this year, then hopefully they might have made a third level class by my senior year? Just hoping, but either way, I don't want to just completely drop the language. (I'm still really sad I couldn't take French.) So I guess I'm sticking to Japanese this year, maybe ASL, and I've randomly started learning hangeul in my spare time, haha.

I showed my schedule to Dr Daley. His first reaction was "This is a very... Ambitious schedule." He had just finished talking about how I do absolutely nothing in the summer, and that's why I get depressed, then I showed him this. He's like "You're going to go from doing nothing to studying night and day!" Haha. He said I'm a very smart person, and that I'll do well in college if I can keep up with my studying. I talked to him about wanting to go into psychiatry, and he said I would be a very good psychiatrist because I'm very open minded, empathetic, and a very smart, ambitious person. He said not to take Calculus next year, and take concurrent enrollment Math 1010, because in psychiatry and linguistics, I'm not going to need it at all. In psychology, you only need Math 1010, and he said he wasn't sure about pre med school, so I'll have to look that up. I'm not excited for medical school, and I told him that if I couldn't do that, I would be okay with just being a psychologist. His response to this was "No, no! You're a very smart person, and I know you can do it! Shoot for the very top, psychiatrists are the top guns in this line, and I think you can get all the way up there." That was awesome to hear from a psychologist, it was a big compliment and it kind of gave me a bit of confidence, because people usually just give me this look when I tell them I want to be a psychiatrist. Hopefully I can do as well in school this year as I did last year. At ALA I didn't really care and my grades were horrible, but this past year I worked very hard and got all As and Bs at the end of the year, for which I'm very proud of myself. He said he wanted to see me again about a week after school started, and I went to get an appointment, and there was nothing available until September 27th. Aish. How about a month after? Haha.

So yeah, like I mentioned, he said I was getting on and off bouts of depression this summer because I went from having a busy structure during school to having absolutely nothing to do; which is good for about a month, but after that I started going down. He said a job would help, but he honestly doubts I'm going to get a job in this economy with my age and (nonexistent) work experience, so if I get any calls from the applications already handed in, jump at it, but I shouldn't actively search for a job anymore because I'll just get frustrated and stressed. So he said, at worst, I'll be depressed for another month until school starts, but we spent the rest of the time talking about how to avoid this. I showed him the little cakes I'm sewing, and he loved the idea, he said it was a very good thing for me to do, and he kept stressing for me to keep doing it, and focus in on it a lot for this next month. He went "I want you to LOVE these cakes. You need to be yelling 'I LIVE FOR THESE CAAAAKES!' and have a big project!" Haha. I love Doctor Dan. So apparently my crafting is very good for me, and I need to keep doing it. I also need to be more social.

We talked about how during school I have to go and put on a happy face, "Pretend to be normal," and generally act as though everything's okay. I can't be depressed, because I'm in public, I have to be normal. He said this is good for me, because even though it's hard for the first little while, studies have shown that after a while it rubs off on you and you actually become happy, and you don't really have time to be depressed when you're busy and socializing. He wants me to socialize with friends more, in and out of the house (preferably outside of it, out doing something), so I can't just go hide out and be depressed. We've also figured out that just talking helps me tremendously, so I need to just be with people and talk more. So basically sewing and talking to friends will help me a lot, haha. He said that if I start to get depressed again, just remember that everything will get that little bit better once school starts, and have that to look forward to, even if I do slip a bit during this last month. I feel really optimistic about that right now, because I'm not completely depressed at this point, and I have a plan for this short time until school, so I think I should be okay. I love Dr Daley so much for helping me, I feel so much better right now. He helps so much. Thank you, Dr Daley.

Loves,
Lashy Bean

2 comments:

Hana 羽奈 said...

It's tough but I know you can do it! You're a smart girl and you can work hard. =3 And you can always talk to me, any time of day or night, so keep that in mind, okay love?

Brittany Nicole said...

Dr. Daley is the SHIZ. That is all that needs to be said.