Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Doctor, Doctor!

First of all, can I just say I love the song It's You? Kyuhyun's voice makes me melt, I don't care what you say.* Also, him singing Puff the Magic Dragon is freaking adorable.

Anyway.

I never actually posted after seeing Dr Daley. They called with an opening, and I didn't really need it that much, but I figured it was closer than September 27th, and I wanted to talk to him before school started. We got in his office and talked a bit about school, and my AP homework and whatnot (where we decided it's better for me to be overwhelmed than underwhelmed and bored because I get depressed), but he interrupted me mid-sentence to ask "So, what's with your little cap? I have to ask." And of course, he had to ask if my mini top hat was "hip with the kids nowadays," which is honestly partly why I wore it. I find it amusing. Anyway.

We got about half way talking about school and whatnot, then decided to talk about social psychology because school starts Tuesday (tomorrow, eek!) and I have an issue with being regular in my behavior around different people. We talked about it for what seemed like ages (it took forever to figure out what the cause was. Not the teacher, not where I'm sitting, not the subject...) and he finally told me that I have a slight issue with changing alternate egos. Now, he said this and I'm thinking Batman, so I just didn't say anything lest I suddenly start turning into a spider and swinging from buildings. He explained to me that everyone does this, and it's healthy; we have different egos for different situations like church, work, family, friends, etc. He just said that I seem to change for no reason whatsoever, and I need to stick with my executive ego, which is apparently not only socially acceptable, but pleasing also. So I'll need to keep that in mind tomorrow as I start off school; the reason I was concerned was because once I act some way around someone, that's just how I am around them all the time. And that sucks when I go to one class and blab my face off, then to the next one and sit in a corner and don't talk for no reason whatsoever. So I'll need to work on that, I guess.

After that, dad and I tried going home, but it was literally a parking lot due to some accident, so we decided to get some dinner. We went to some chicken wing bar (the name escapes me) where I had some delicious mango wings and we were served by this really friendly gay man. As we were driving out of the parking lot (the actual one, not the freeway) I spotted someplace called "Cupcake Chic," and started flipping out.

Me: Is that a cupcake place!?
Dad: Yeah...? Haven't you seen it before?
Me: NO! I've been wanting a cupcake place around here, and there it is! Can we go get cupcakes? :D *puppy eyes*
Dad: *is a softy* Oh, okay.

And thus it was. THEY HAD THE CUTEST LITTLE CUPCAKES. Honestly, they only had a couple flavors left, but they were just so cute. I wish I had taken the camera... But I have a couple pictures on my phone. For which dad made fun of me, by the way. As I was in the middle of taking a picture of me making a fishy face next to my cupcake, this really buff looking guy with long hair walked in and with a deep voice asked for six strawberry vanilla cupcakes. It took everything I had not to burst out laughing.




*Okay, I might care, depending on who you are. But even if I care, it won't stop me from loving it. xD Also, I wonder why they took Heechul, the best dancer in the group, and stuck him on a motorcycle for the entire video. What.

No comments: