Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Exciting, Adventure Filled Activity Week.

Title. Bam. You love it.

So, this past week or two have been pretty eventful (compared to the rest of summer), and I'm not sure what I've blogged on. So I'm just... Photo and memory dumping, I guess. I already blogged about the Hanks family coming over, yeah? I think so. Well, it pretty much happened again this week, but with the Voss side, though there was more reason behind it this time. Lisa and Gary were getting sealed together, so a bunch of family came down from Arizona because Lisa had her heart set on the Salt Lake City temple. I don't blame her, it's beautiful.


People ask me which is my favorite temple, and I always feel dumb saying the Salt Lake City temple, but it's just so pretty and castle like. Every girl wants to get married like a princess, and we get the privilege to be married in a beautiful castle like this. (God Palace, if you will. Don't judge me, I had to make the reference.) Other temples are pretty, but just look at that~ It's so intricate and gorgeous. Anyway, that's why everyone was here, and the Crockets stayed over night on Saturday, then today everyone came over for a Sunday dinner; chicken, pink fluff, Texas king cake, and my dad's famous grilled corn. I was excited about the chocolate cake, but Gary seemed thrilled to be eating grilled corn. To each his own, I suppose. And I guess it probably has something to do with the fact that I get it so often, as well.

We weren't upstairs during the sealing/wedding like most of the adults, our family apparently volunteered to babysit the Crockets' children; four little boys. They were actually really well behaved, but we had a dilemma with a princess diaper when there were none to be found. That and the fact that neither Brittany or I have any clue what to do with little boys. Most of our cousins are girls, neither of us had brothers obviously, and we had no clue what to do. Dad's time to shine. He read them stories, he pretended to be attacked by robots, made paper guns with them, and the like. It was fairly entertaining, I must say. I mostly crocheted the whole time as my mom was working on flowers for our Etsy. At some point, Brittany dragged me outside to stroll and take pictures. I wasn't opposed to the meandering, but I wasn't so keen on taking pictures- it was hot outside. But we got out there and it was so pretty; I felt like I was in Wonderland, however cliche that may sound. The temple grounds really are gorgeous, I was sad to leave a lovely little path shaded by trees with little benches... But Brittany wanted to explore some more.
 
Sorry I look kind of dumb here. Like I said, didn't really want pictures, and Brittany kind of shot the camera at me and I stood there not knowing what to do. Yay.

 
After that, we wandered over to a branchy bench which we took pictures on (but I look horrible in them, so you don't get them), saw a beautiful, huge door that I honestly want on my house someday, and some trees. 


Some woman was kind and took a picture of both of us next to the tree. Thank you, random woman! While I'm thinking about it, I just want to tell you about those shoes. Those are the devil's shoes. A year or two ago they were magical, but as my feet and I grew, they slowly transformed into torture devices. We walked around for hours, and I now have lovely blisters all over my toes and a bit on my heels. I'm never wearing those again, we went to Target afterward to get me some new shoes (though I ended up getting some shirts too). Anyway, back to our wanderings. We walked around a bit more, took more pictures, then returned to the "Youth Room," where we found Kenny and Michelle already there; I guess we took longer than we thought. We stayed there a bit longer, then after hugs and introductions, the family headed over to The Lion House for dinner. It was so beautiful there, and the food was really good! I took lots of pictures, I'll see which ones turned out well. (Yeah, I felt weird taking pictures of random tea sets and such and was trying to hurry, so some turned out blurry. Whoops.) 

The three Voss girls at our table. I learned how to fold the napkins like that~! Anyway, everything was so beautiful (EX the piano right behind us, there was a BEAUTIFUL mirror on the wall next to us, the lighting, the tea sets, everything), and I was very impressed by the honey butter. Sounds weird, but it was in a little bowl like soft serve ice cream; I took a picture, so you can see it. 

 
They set it down at our table and I was so confused, my mother had to point out to me that it was honey butter. Oh, my goodness. I'll mention now that I used my desert fork instead of my salad fork on accident; well, almost. Brittany scolded me for it. I honestly thought that one was the salad fork! I thought it was top, outside in, turns out it's outside in, top. I've never had a setting with a fork above the plate before, so I guess I learned. But I don't see how she could even get mad at me for it, my mother was over there drawing on the water. Other than that, we were all well behaved, and dinner went as planned after a short toast by Randall and Gary's father and Ivy running around making sure everyone had parking validation. After dinner and some conversation, my mother went to powder her nose, and Brittany and I followed her. They had a real lady's bathroom, it made me very happy. You know, with the lotion at the sinks, and a sofa and purse rack. I took pictures, don't judge me for taking pictures of a bathroom. But I loved this mirror so much~! I really want one in my room. 


Ah, so pretty~! I loved it, and the lighting, and the the flowers above it. This place had so many beautiful mirrors, I couldn't get over it; the mirrors and the clocks were my favorite part. 

More of the ladies' room. So pretty~ I wanted to live in this place. I want my house to look like this, and I want to wear the dresses of the women in that picture. I honestly would love to live like that. I would love to wear huge dresses with fifty layers, bloomers, three petticoats, under dresses, corsets and such, but since that isn't possible, I'll just stick with my tee shirts and jeans for now. 


Not the best picture, and my foot is doing something weird, but you get the point. Next, Brittany and I took a picture, and I'm pretty sure the lady in one of the stalls was wondering why we were taking pictures in the restroom. 


After that, we went downstairs to the shop/front and wandered around the rooms. Here is where we saw most of the beautiful clocks and tea sets and such, and I honestly just wanted to sit down because I was hobbling around on my blistered feet trying to look like a normal person as I walked. 

 
The lighting on this picture isn't really good, but the flash killed it otherwise, so this is what you get. Isn't this beautiful? I love intricate, old fashioned clocks, I really do. 


More house decoration. During our wanderings, we found a beautiful couch, and of course we both wanted pictures on it. 


I'll end with a random lamp that I thought was pretty, because I don't know where to put it. Let there be light. 



Let us hope that there are huge dresses someday in my future. 

Much love,
Lashy

No comments: