Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, I'm back from Girls Camp. I don't really know how to express what I feel about it this year... I mean, every year you dread going, you almost don't go, then when you go, you're glad you did. But this year there was just something different. I really, honestly couldn't say what changed. But this year, every single one of us felt the spirit like no other time, and every one of us got along this year. I remember last year, Thoubee and I were getting all upset over things with Regan and Tiffany, and we were so sick of the beehives, but this year, everybody just became really close to each other. I don't know what it was, but I even got closer to some of the beehives, and if you know me AT ALL, you know that beehives bother me to no end. There was just some spirit there that hadn't been there (at least in this quantity) before. I was crying pretty much the entire three days, I was honestly a giant mess of tears. Someone would give a talk, I would cry. We would sing a hymn, I would cry.

We did this thing called Singing Trees (which didn't actually take place out by the trees due to rain, haha) where each of the wards had a song prepared, and we sang them in turn, saying a few scriptures in between. We all put some colored plastic (forgot what it's called) over the top of our flashlights to represent all the Young Women values. Each ward had their own value, and ours was Individual Worth, which proved to be exactly what every one of us needed. Anyway, our flashlights were red, and we sang the song "If The Savior Stood Beside Me." We turned out the lights, so that when a ward sang, all you could see was the color of their value shining in the darkness as they sang. It was really spiritual, and I couldn't get through the last verse of our song because I was crying. After each ward finished, we all sang I Am a Child of God together, and I really lost it. I was completely sobbing, and I couldn't sing any of it.

Anyway, I cried a ton. I don't really feel like going into much more detail at the moment (because I'm lazy, yay), so I'll just post this much and expand on it later. With pictures. And maybe video.

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I'm glad the beehives didn't drive you crazy.

Brittany Nicole said...

I drugged the Beehives.