Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

For a waist you can fit your hands around, it's: KILLJOY'S CORSETS!

Well. I don't really know what the subject of this post will be. I'm just kind of... Here. We'll see how this turns out.

So, a few days ago I was surfing around on Facebook, when I saw that Aaron had posted something about procrastinating his AP homework. I'm in the same class, and immediately thought "I haven't read the book either... Eek! At least I'm not the only one." And commented something to that effect. Then he replied with "What two books are you reading?" My reaction? "....Two books? Two? What two? Is there something I don't know?" As far as I knew, we were just reading The Killer Angels, a historical novel on the Civil War. I freaked out and got on MSN, and assaulted poor Aaron with my frantic questions.

What do I discover? Well, the AP class I had signed up for was during my Japanese class, so I couldn't take it. No big deal. The thing is, they switched me into the AP class for SENIORS, and didn't tell me. Yeah, they DIDN'T TELL ME. So I was informed two weeks from the start of school that I have to read two books, write a paper, and prepare a presentation to be ready within the first week of school. I freaked out. I ran into my parents' room (while they were asleep, I might add) crying, and starting rambling to my dad incoherently about the stupid school, and what do I do? Long story short, I'm sucking it up and doing the homework before school starts. Though, I did go in and talk to a counselor, and I messed with my schedule a bit. Want to see?

A1. Pre Calculus A--- Ward, Trina
A2. Released Time A--- Staff
A3. AP Psychology A--- Hartley, Melissa
A4. Computer Techonology--- Ford, Elise

B1. Creative Writing--- Campbell, Adena
B2. AP Literature and COmposition A--- Hillier, Mary Anne
B3. Japanese 2 A--- Welton, Doug
B4. Chemistry A--- Poulsen, Tracy

Semester Two

A1. Food and Nutrition 2--- Larson, Carol
A2. Pre Calculus B--- Ward, Trina
A3. AP Psychology B--- Hartley, Melissa
A4. Unscheduled--- See Counselor

B1. Released Time B--- Staff
B2. AP Literature and Composition B--- Hillier, Mary Anne
B3. Japanese 2 B--- Welton, Doug
B4. Chemistry B--- Poulsen, Tracy


Tada. Now you know my schedule. That unscheduled thing is when I'm going to TA for ASL, by the way. I just need to get a signature from Mrs Bond. I'm excited about that; I really like the language, and I don't want to lose it. And Mrs Bond is fun, intimidating though it may be to have to talk to a Deaf person the entire period. But she is very understanding, and my no means big D deaf, she's very open to hearing people (obviously, if she's teaching them, haha) and wears hearing aids, and grew up mainstreamed. I was just going to go on another Deaf people rant, but stopped myself. BE PROUD. So anyway, I'm looking forward to that, and hoping (but knowing it won't happen) that they'll get a third year class in my senior year. I keep thinking that I'll either want to minor in Deaf studies or Japanese culture/language, something along those lines, but I just can't really decide... But at this point, with no third level ASL class, me having passed all the classes offered, it's not looking very much like I should stay with Deaf studies; I can't do that very well if I lose the language. Anyway. I'm a junior in high school, don't need to decide that right now, I guess.

Oh. So Emilie Autumn's The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls finally came out after like, two years! I preordered the second print (the first sold out already), and I now owe my mother $75 for it. Oh good, I have no job. This will be interesting. But I'm freaking excited for the book. I really am. This is RIGHT up my alley. Mental disorders, autobiographies, Victorian/modern history comparisons, and asylum abuse. I'm so excited. I'm definitely going to drink tea while reading it, like the bloody EA muffin I am. Don't judge me. Want to see a sneak peek? I saw these and it's the final straw that made me buy it.


Does Blogger let you click on the picture to see the full size image? I don't know. Try it. Anyway, I read all the text on the sample pages because I'm desperate for this book. I love it, and this page (though it holds no illustration, just a picture of EA) has my favorite words. "We have between us girls of every conceivable talent, from bakers, who craft the most exquisite creations from pastry and spun sugar,  and who enable us to have High Tea at both four o'clock in the afternoon and four o'clock in the morning, to writers of great brilliance, and master musicians, of whom I am proud to count myself amongst, and who keep our extraordinary household supplied with music, for there is always music, and Sachiko and I play our Mozart duets until dawn for royalty as we always said we would, for we are the kings and the queens, and this is our territory." I know, holy run on sentences, Batman, but I just love that last bit for some reason! Ah~! Anyway, here's another one. This one gives me a good laugh; a sarcastic advertisement for "Killjoy's Corsets." All of this is illustrated by Emilie, by the way.


"Sure, I came home with a sexually transmitted disease, but she deserved it! Her waist was monstrous!" Ahahaha!

No comments: