Oh, hey there. Long time no see. In case you were wondering about that last post, I was doing an assignment for AP Psychology and couldn't drink any water.... Anyway, I was pretty much dying of thirst. So that's your one sentence explanation for my crappy posting skills.
Anywho, it's Christmas, and I must say it's been a very merry one indeed. We had our first bit of Christmas yesterday with Hana because she had work in the morning, so we opened our presents from her, and she opened her presents from us. It seems like we had two Christmases, and that was fun. (Also, she gave me a beautiful tea cup/saucer and another GLB! Thank you, lovely~) So after that we went to see the Festival of Lights, and we even brought Sophie. She was sticking her head up, ears perked, staring in awe the entire ride. Then we went home and mom read Christmas stories (How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Mr Willowby's Christmas Tree, grandpa's Night Before Christmas) and we went to bed.
On Christmas morning, Brittany came in and woke me up at seven thirty in the morning (Oh, Gandhi) so we could assault our stockings. The first thing I saw was that my mother had made us some giant owl covers for our laptops and we each had one; a very many things this year were either hand crafted from by our lovely mom, or ordered from her friends' Etsy shops. For example, one thing that made me laugh is that my mom had made me a sort of mini sock to be an inhaler cozy. She also made me a little stuffed narwhal which is freaking amazing.
Hm, I don't know what to say about opening presents... I guess my favorite presents and what I gave? My mother's present was horribly wrapped and I'm still ashamed of it; however she seemed to enjoy the actual gift itself! I found a cute little basket from Hobby Lobby and stuffed it with various yarns to fund her crocheting addiction. My father just asked for ties and shirts; he's going to need to dress a bit more professionally in future, and his tie collection is a tad out-dated. Because of this, my gift was a bit predictable, but I gave him a pretty green striped tie, and a very nice purple striped one. In case you couldn't tell, I like striped ties. Anywho, Brittany's was the one I was worried about; I don't drive, and I ended up not being able to get a ride to buy her present until Christmas Eve, eek! I ended up getting her two wooden drawing mannequins (one male, one female), and some charcoal pencils for drawing.
My favorite presents this year... Hm. First off, all of my tea things; I got a tea calendar, actual tea, a beautiful tea cup from Hana, and my parents got me a cute little tea pot/kettle that even whistles when the water's boiling. They definitely know me well. After that, I'd probably say all of the stuff for my room; we recently painted it a different color, but all of my furnishings are still the same, so they don't quite match. They gave me a beautiful little lamp that matches the clock in my room, and my mom made these gorgeous wall hangings for me with keys and door knockers on them. I love them so much, they're beautiful! I'll have to post pictures later.
It was a lovely Christmas overall. :)
Loves,
Lashy
No comments:
Post a Comment