Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Precious.

Precious and fragile things
Need special handling.
My God, what have we done to you?
We always try to share
The tenderest of care.
Now look what we have put you through...
Things get damaged,
Things get broken.
I thought we'd manage,
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle,
There was so little left to give.
Angels with silver wings
Shouldn't know suffering.
I wish I could take the pain for you.
If God has a master plan
That only He understands,
I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through.
I pray You learn to trust,
Have faith in both of us,
And keep room in your heart for two.
Things get damaged,
Things get broken.
I thought we'd manage,
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle,
There was so little left to give.

1 comment:

Brittany Nicole said...

I love this song. Martin Gore wrote it when he was divorcing his wife as a kind of apology to his son.