Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Take My Medicine, I Crush the Paper Cup.

Well, tomorrow I'm going with Hana and mom and dad to see Dr. Daley... All together. We'll see how this unfolds. From what I hear, he's giving me a somewhat Psychoanalytical diagnosis of our situation (which makes me nervous as I'm not much of a fan of Freudian theory), but I trust Dr. Daley, and he's a very smart man, so I'm going to see what he recommends and do it to the best of my ability, as the portions of the theory he's referencing are pretty general and I'm alright with them (like displacement, whatnot). I must say, Dr. Daley has helped me through so much; and in studying the effects of psychotherapy, I know a lot of it is even just having someone listen, perhaps even a tad bit of Placebo Effect, but I firmly believe that it's an art as well as a science and that it's helped me one way or another to deal with my depression, as well as other things.

I'm so excited to learn more about Psychology and to delve into it's research and application. I'm so excited, I really can't even express that. I study it, and it's so interesting and I'm so passionate about it, I really just can't wait to go to college and learn as much as I possibly can, and someday become a psychiatrist (yes, even with all of the med school) and help people like I have been helped, as well as to help those who've inspired me to become one (most specifically, those with personality disorders). I want it so badly, it's the reason I try my hardest in my AP classes, the reason I try to get to a good university, the reason I'm trying as hard as I possibly can to get scholarships... It's my driving force, it's my aspiration in life, it's what will bring me fulfillment, the study of psychology. I'm just so excited and optimistic about the future, I can hardly stand being  in high school any longer, I want to start my progression into the field immediately...! I'm so driven, I can't tell you.

x
Lashy

1 comment:

Brittany Nicole said...

That's exactly how I feel about being a mama. :)