Well, many things have happened since I last posted, and I'm not sure what to say about them, nor how to pose them. I suppose I'll just begin talking until I get bored, which is what I usually do. One thing, my mother gave me some pink converse (virtually new) that she didn't wear because they didn't fit correctly or something, and I decided to give them a little makeover. Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled with a sharpie as
other people, but I thought I'd give it a shot in a way akin to my old DU rabbit converse.
Alright, I'll start with the shoe on the left of the picture... This one is just the random stuff that Ashley likes shoe, and it has a clock (based on the one Brittany gave me), a key (based on the one I bought at the antique store), a tea cup, a tea bag, and the writing "OLDE YELLOWCAKE." This pair of shoes was very Rasputina and Emilie Autumn based.
Here's the clock... I love this clock, I wear it virtually every day, and it just makes me so happy. I have a deep love for clocks and keys and other such nonsense.
Here's the key... I love keys for some reason. It's both the simple beauty of their figures, and the symbolic value of the key. I won't go into that now, though.
Here's my terribly drawn teacup, haha. This is horrible, there's a reason it's on the inside of the shoe. But that's alright, I had to put my love of tea on this somewhere.
Speaking of tea... Here's a teabag. I love tea, you all know, but there's something about a tea tag that just makes my heart flutter. The brand of herbal we usually buy is string/tag free, so when I do get some LDS-approved tea with a tag, my heart does a little dance.
Oh won't you be there with me for it, down the tunnels of Olde Yellowcake? For this hut-to-hut witch hunt down the tunnels of Olde Yellowcake...
Now for the other shoe... This shoe was leech themed, because, as you all know, I have a strange obsession with the adorable blobby hematophagists. This one was more Emilie themed.
Here's an Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls-esque leech... I name him Sir Wrigglesworth. It's time for Fun Facts About Leeches. Did you know:
- Leeches are nocturnal
- The largest leech ever discovered was 18 inches long
- Leeches have 32 brains
- There are 650 known species of leeches
- The Hirudo leech has three jaws; each with one hundred teeth.
- Leeches can drink up to five times their weight in (your) blood.
- A wound caused by a leech can bleed up to 10 hours
- Leeches have suckers on both sides of their bodies
- Leeches can change colors dramatically
- Leeches are hermaphrodites
- Leeches will sometimes suck blood from one another; the victim usually dies.
- Seamen used to use leeches to predict storms
It's true, I'll make a great leechwife. This is from the Rasputina song, Leechwife (NO WAY).
This is from the Emilie Autumn song, Miss Lucy Had Some Leeches. I quite love this song, it's hilarious. Anywho, there you have it. My lovely new Lashyfied Converse.
Loves and leeches,
Lashy
No comments:
Post a Comment