Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Well hello there, readers. AKA, Brittany. Cough. Anywho, I hadn't updated in ages, so I figured I'd wander in and post. So, lately I've been pretty bored, and had nothing to do, therefore I hang out on the interwebs. You'd really think I'd post more, ne? Heh, Boom Boom Meccha Maccho just came on, so I jumped up and did the Para-Para. =^w^= Well, the bit that I know, anyway. I pretty much have the basic move of the para, and the chorus down. Kayli and I are going to do this para, and the one for CoNoMiChi together. :D Wow, I can't stay on a topic, can I? O_O

So like I was saying, I've been surfing the webernets lately. Sorry to Brittany and Curtis, but I don't feel like "watching a movie" with you, which usually ends up meaning "watching Brittany fall asleep on Curtis as he gives her a backrub and Lashy gets bored". No, I'm not caught up in a "virtual life" which hardly exists, there's just nothing better to do. Once I can drive and have money, I'll be all over the place. Gaul, I got distracted again. *headdesk* So I've been on the internet and this girl in Texas started talking to me about Visual Kei and whatnot, which is extremely welcome as I have no one here to talk about it with. She asked if I'd heard about V-Rock Fest, and I hadn't, so she sent me a link. HOLY CRAP, I WANNA GO. Basically there is just about every important VK band ever onstage for two straight days. O_O I totally want to go see X-Japan, Luna Sea, and The GazettE in the same building! AHHHH~ (Though it won't be the same without hide-Sama) Seriously, why do I have to live in stupid, lame America? ARGH. Where's a list of all the bands? Ahhh, let me go find one. O_O Ah, apparently there isn't a full list, but here are some of the mentioned: X-Japan, Luna Sea, Versailles, D'espairs Ray, The GazettE, Moi Dix Mois, PENICILLEN, Heidi, Vidoll, SuG, ALI PROJECT, TSUCHIYA ANNA, LM.C, Blood, and others. HOLY FLIPPING GACKT PASTE OF FLYING PENGUIN NYAPPY BUNNIES ON FISH PASTE. I want to go SOOOOO bad. I wonder if they'll get Dir en Grey or Miyavi? :O Le gasp, that would be awesome! And I don't know why, but for some reason Marilyn Manson's playing too. O_O I don't know why, but I don't much care! I love him too! AHHHH.

So yeah, enough ranting about that. Basically the link she sent me was to some girl's blog. At first I was a bit confused, because this post was about Jrock, then the one before it had a picture of her cat. I was figuring it was some creepy cat lady with a bishie fettish, but no, it was La Carmina. And now at the end of the day, I'm a fan of hers. ^_^ She lives in Tokyo, and keeps a blog of all her experiences, and the Tokyo fashion, cooking, and culture. Not only does she write about seeing it, but she knows what she's talking about. She's written a cook book (comes out in October), and two other books. One about what's in the food we eat, and better balance, and the other about themed cafes in Japan. The cook book is titled "Cute Yummy Time", and it shows you how to make cute bento foods, but Americanized. Basically everything is adorable, and most of them are animals. :D Her motto is "You are what you eat, so you'd better be cooking cute!" She also has her own Gothic Lolita fashion line, which I think is really cute, especially her grey lacy overcoat. I kind of wonder how she ended up doing what she is, because she has a law degree from Yale. O_O (Here's Carmina...)

I've been very fascinated with her, and I've spent most of the day online, watching her videos, and reading her blog. In doing so, I've found some new music, and some great online shops. I've downloaded some DJ SiSeN, and I've been looking at Angelic Pretty, h.NAOTO, Alice and the Pirates, and Sexy Dynamite London. I found some UBER cute skirts I want, but will probably never have simply because of money. (I hate how you have to pay upwards of $150 for a cute loli skirt. Sigh.) I've also found great recipes. As I've mentioned, she's a cook and makes videos and books. I watched a video (and got the recipe, hehe) to make these uber cute piggy breads. I was going to make them today, but I couldn't get the food processor to work, and we couldn't find the dough swirly thing for the KitchenAid. Le sigh. I'm waiting till dad gets home, so he can show me how to use the Cuisinart, and I can make them tomorrow. ^_^ I'd also like to make her really cute Cheeseball Blowfish, but I don't have the ingredients. Where the fish am I supposed to buy dried apple rounds? I've seen dried apples (YUM), but never in a ring shape. Anyone know? (Here's a picture of the piggy breads, and Carmina's cat. X3)



So that's what I've been up to today. I'm so excited for school to start! (and NOT at that stupid charter school from hell which shall not be named here.) I'm so excited to go school shopping, because I can actually wear NORMAL clothes now, and not just the same collared shirt in three different colors! You don't even know! It's going to be so weird, I'm not really used to clothes shopping. In elementary, I didn't give a crap about what I looked like (seriously, I looked like a hippy. I refused to wear jeans because they were uncomfortable, so I was always wearing these stupid streachy pants, a baggy shirt, long scraggly undone hair, and purple glasses. And I didn't have any hips yet, so I was a little chubbykin. BLECH) so coming straight from that to a charter school which controlled what I wore... Yeah, I've never really gone school clothes shopping before. I know what kind of stuff I like to see, and what I think is cute, but I have no idea how half of it looks on me. And some of it I can't even get here. (What I wouldn't do for some leg-skirts...) I'd like to wear complete PGL or just Harajuku VisKei style, but I doubt I could do that in here. So, with what I have available to me, I have no idea what I would like to wear, really. I guess I can just go with some punkish kind of Oshare stuff? Like An Cafe meets LM.C with a bit of Sisen/Miyavi thrown in? I don't know...

I'll stop rambling about clothes now. But other than shopping, I'm excited to go to a different school, and have a new chance at making a fresh set of friends. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, but I would like to go to school with people I haven't met yet, and DIDN'T see me in my awkward phase. =.=;;; So whichever school I go to, I'll pretty much be happy to get out of my last school. I guess I don't mean a new set of friends, but a new set of fellow students, and maybe ADD some more friends, I didn't mean replace them... Wow, I suck a phrasing things. Basically, I'm excited to meet new people, I guess. Maybe there'll be SOMEONE there with the same interests as me. As if. Where we live, NO ONE likes Visual Kei. T^T Stupid America. Don't get me wrong, I love America and how we're free and all, but when you're a Mormon Gazerocker in the Despair Faction, it can be a bit lonely. :( Ah well, I guess I'm just original that way? It's such a good thing I don't give a crap about anybody's opinions. XD Seriously, I'm going to like what I like, and if someone is too blind to see that that's okay, they're obviously an idiot that I don't want to waste my time with.

AHHHH! This is one of those moments you feel like laughing and screaming at the same time! AHHH. So Curtis, Brittany and I were looking for that twisty dough thing for like an hour, right? So dad comes home, and I'm getting him to show me how to use the Cuisinart, then he just goes into the drawer that WE WERE ALL SEARCHING IN FOR AGES and PULLS OUT THE FLIPPING THING! So I'm glad that he found it, mad that it was there the whole time, and I feel like laughing because I can't believe we missed it! XD Ahhh. So yeah, I'm going to make those cute little piggies tomorrow. ^_^ I'm going to try Brittany's suggestion afterall, and just use chocolate chips for the eyes. Well, I'm kind of getting tired of typing stuff up, and I don't know what else to say... So, See you later everyone! ^_^

Oyasuminasai!
<3 Lashy

No comments: