Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Well, hello there. I'm sitting here on my bed, bored and not tired at all. *sigh* I'm supposed to be asleep right now, but my brain's not letting that happen. =.= So I decided to blog. Today I woke up and expected my dad to be gone, (he was supposed to leave this morning for a convention) and I would make the piggy breads. I woke up and first thing wanted to check something on my computer (I wanted to see if someone replied to something), so I pulled out my laptop. Then I heard my dad. Apparently he had some trouble at work, and needed to fix something. Usually you'd just think, okay, he could just leave a bit late, right? Wrong. He was having a friend drive him up there, and apparently this friend was going to show up any minute. Now I'm sitting here with no clothes on, and I want to take a shower. Brittany gets in the shower first, so I'm hiding in my room, waiting for my chance. Finally they went downstairs and I made a mad dash to the bathroom, and showered. After all this magic, I'm finally dressed, and I'm pretty much waiting for dad and his friend to leave so I can turn on my music and start cooking.

After giving my dad a hug and saying goodbye, I started turning on my music. I heard Sophie freaking out, so I went downstairs, and apparently Curtis was at the door and I hadn't heard him. I let him in, then started to make my piggehs. I had a bit of trouble with the dough, but after that it was really fun. You put two large circles atop each other, put one small circle for the nose, and cut a large circle in fourths for ears. Then you put Rosemary leaves on for nostrils, and you're SUPPOSED to use peppercorn for eyes, but we didn't have any so I just used chocolate chips. ^o^;;; So I did that and they looked ADORABLE. Carmina said to brush them with egg yolk to give them some shine, but I had difficulty getting the brush around everything. It turned out weird, and there was TONS of yolk on them, which was fine, but made them brown A LOT. I pulled them out of the oven and yelled "RACIAL DIVERSITY! WE GOT BROWN PIGGEHS IN HERE!" So the second batch I made, I put the yolk on BEFORE decorating them. The pigs turned out great (even if they did have a bit of a tan) and tasted really good. We even made them into sandwiches! (unfortunately, we didn't have ham. That would have been AWESOME.) Here's pictures. ^_^



Sorry about the crappy pictures. @_@;;; Anywho, they were epic. Kayli and Tanner are coming over tomorrow, and I thought Kayli would appreciate the kawaii, so I made a second batch so the two could try them. ^_^ There's only three left, I hope they last long enough... O.o Kayli and I are going to Para-Para together! :D It'll be magical! I've been trying to work on the Meccha Maccho, but I'm having trouble with the "Woa woa, yay yay" part. IT'S TOO FAST. When I do it slowly, I'm fine, but them I turn on the music, and I freak out and just start flailing. XD Gahhhh, I need to work on that. And I haven't even started on the second half.... T-T I fail at this game. Oh well, all in due time. Gah, I'm going to try to fall asleep now. ^_^ Byeeee~!

<3

Lashy

No comments: